facebook pinterest twitter

Monday, July 25, 2011

A Day in the Life

Well, hello to you all! Today I'm going to post a day in my life - yesterday to be more specific. I have been wanting to do this since we've lived where we do and now that we're moving within the week, I figured I better get on it. I'm having camera trouble, so most of these pictures are taken with my camera phone and some with the Hipstamatic app. I really wish all of the pictures could have been taken with my expensive camera that was supposed to work ... Alas.

I am also resisting the urge to format and edit all of them, because I just don't have that much time these days. All right, enough with the disclaimers! Here is a day in my life.

~Rosemary started the day playing the Princess and the Pea. She likes to take all the couch cushions and stack them. Somehow it's much easier for her to take them off than to put them on!

Sunday was the nicest day of the weekend and we had so much we needed to do outside. Before we move, we need to rip up the raised beds we made for the vegetable garden (cry). We decided to buy some big whiskey barrels and we're going to save some of the dirt. In our new location, we likely won't be able to place raised beds (or any beds for that matter), so we're hoping to do some patio gardening. This is a picture of Joel looking out the window and pondering the day's plan of action.

Every morning, Joel takes the dog for a walk. It was so nice and we had nothing but time, so we all went. Rosemary is a pro on her new bike.

She always asks if we can go on the "tree-with-the-face-walk." On this particular route, we pass 3 trees with faces. This is a picture of her pointing to one.

We decided to stop and let the dog run around the park, and Rosemary romp around the playground. We are really going to miss this great climbing tree!

As we were leaving the park, Rosemary fell on her bike and needed a distraction, so we let her run around in the fountain. This fountain was created, many years ago, for the purpose of being a wading fountain. Now there is a sign that says, "No swimming or wading" ... but that sign is ignored by many.

The church in the background is where we usually spend our Sunday mornings, we played hooky this morning and felt a little busted as people were walking out just as we were playing in the fountain.

Joel snapped this picture as we were really leaving. For really real.

We headed home, grabbed what we needed and headed out to run some errands. I had hoped Ace would be our only stopped, but we also ended up at Fleet Farm and Home Depot - And we forgot to get a specific light bulb that we could have gotten at any of those stores!

By the time we got home, we were all starving and I was getting a little crabby. Joel and Rosemary picked some beans out of the garden and I got started on turkey burgers.

Rosemary, of course, was eating before we even sat down. Notice all the boxes in the background. Our house is FULL of boxes.

This is the extent of our dog's begging. He sits and stares, but at least he doesn't whimper and whine.

Finally, Rosemary had a quiet time and we got to work outside.

She makes such a mess when she has a quiet time in her room, this is her sort of picking up.

She laid out a blanket and packed a picnic lunch for us. In this picture, we are sharing a felt eggplant.

In the afternoon, Joel and I were working hard packing up some boxes. Rosemary pulled out her piggy bank and decided to count her money. Pretty soon she was feeding the pig and he was pooping gold. It kept her entertained for nearly an hour.
We got cleaned up and went to our friends Eric & Kara's house for dinner. I asked Rosemary to take some pictures of Joel and me, and while she did actually get a good one, I liked this better.
She wanted a picture taken of herself. She's wearing a sweater that I knit for her (the Tiny Tea Leaves one) ... I blocked it and it was finally dry and ready to wear today. She was so excited to wear it and show it off; which was quite rewarding.

Rosemary and Cooper had a yellow picnic consisting of macaroni and cheese and corn on the cob - Rosemary's 2 favorite things. Kara had the genius idea of feeding them first and then they were busy playing while we got to eat in peace.

This is the lovely couple who fed and entertained us. They are a beautiful family and they have the most amazing home!

We also enjoyed some dilly bars. Mmmmm.

We stayed MUCH longer than I anticipated. You know what they say about time flying when you're having fun. After this picture we went home and went straight to bed. Actually, Joel and I watched an episode of How I Met Your Mother, then went straight to bed.


So, there you have it! A day in my life. And now ... How about a day in your life?

2 comments:

  1. That's quite a day! ;) Good luck with all your packing and moving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a full, fun day :-)
    I need a close up of your tiny tea leaves! Just finished mine as well. Love your version with the short sleeves! She looks like she loves it.

    ReplyDelete