facebook pinterest twitter

Monday, July 11, 2011

Acceptance and Red Fences

It's official. All signs are pointing toward go. It's time to say goodbye, pack things up, and move on to our next adventure. And while I don't feel ready, and wasn't exactly asking for this ... I know it will be good.

I moved to this place kicking and screaming, but promised myself I would embrace it ... not knowing just how hard it would be to leave. This time away has been so good for us and our family.


We've healed, we've played, we've started growing into the family we were meant to be.

We've made really good friends who are making it so hard to leave. There's such a great community up here. Such good people. So it's with a heavy heart that we are going to start packing up our boxes, but with a joyful heart that we are moving on to the next thing.

But first, we are going to have a party.

Then we'll give our hugs, say our see-you-laters, plan visits and girls' weekends away, and of course, lament that we can't take our red fence along with us.

3 comments:

  1. This made me tear up and I don't like it! Reality is starting to sink in. I think we should slow down time! :-) I'm going to have to increase the minutes on my phone! But, I'm excited to visit St. Croix Falls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate - it sounds like this brings you closer here. A little super sleuthing and I know now your change. You will bring family and friendship to any place you live. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes Menards will have cheap returned pails of deck/fence stain. They'll sell it to you for $5 and even add tint. Hint, hint!

    Darryl

    ReplyDelete