facebook pinterest twitter

Monday, January 23, 2012

Pretty.

Raise your hand if you love The Purl Bee!

I could just browse through that website all day. When a friend of mine pointed out these hand warmers, I  had to make them. They are so pretty and I love hand warmers ... I will say I gave these away as a gift, but I may selfishly make myself an identical pair.


Maybe it's time for me to stop looking at myself as a beginner, but when I look at myself that is what I see. And so I'm definitely looking for some advice on this. I did knit a gauge. As much as I hate doing a gauge, I did! I promise. Regardless, these ended up being about a 1/2 inch wider than I think they should have.


So what do you experienced knitters do when that happens to you? Could I shrink them? I can tell you this much, I'm definitely not ripping them out and doing them over ... I live in Minnesota - er, Wisconsin - and we can just use them as an extra layer.

No comments:

Post a Comment