facebook pinterest twitter

Thursday, March 3, 2011

And the days go marching on.

January, February, March. I'm still alive, but it would seem I've taken an unintentional hiatus from the blogosphere. I've been doing lots of knitting, but don't really have anything to show for it yet. In my mind I have a million sewing projects I want to start (and even a belated December birthday present, gasp!), but just haven't gotten around to yet.

February hit us hard with ear infections, sinus infections, and the like. I've also started substitute teaching, which I truly am loving ... but I have yet to figure out how to work and get the laundry done. To be honest, I'm impressed that we haven't eaten out more than we have.

And that's another thing to brag about - I weighed in today at Weight Watchers and I have lost 11.2 pounds, woot! woot! It's been a slow, but sure loss and I think losing 9 more pounds before summer is attainable.

That would explain the picture above where I actually baked my own salmon. Like most children, I grew up hating salmon. However, here and there over the past few years I've tasted and enjoyed it, so I thought I'd branch out. It was good, really good actually ... but my body begged to differ and (violently) rejected it later in the evening. Honestly, the smell of the leftovers made me feel sick this morning and I'm truly not sure I'll ever eat salmon again.

In other news, we're making it through this dark and dull winter. Sarah, at threaded basil is celebrating a month of citrus, in order to help her through the month that most Minnesotans dread. I think blogging away the month is not a bad idea - so keep tuned for some knitting and sewing projects coming up soon.


1 comment:

  1. Way to go on losing 11 pounds! I've been meaning to re-start w.w. but keep putting it off. You are inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete