facebook pinterest twitter

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Advent Calendar: Day 1

I have been wanting to get Rosemary a toy nativity scene since the day she was born. I wanted an heirloom-type wooden one, but they are all so dang expensive.

This year I decided a playmobil nativity set would do the trick. It's plastic and all, but really those playmobil toys are pretty heirloom quality, if you ask me.

So. Rosemary was up, out of bed, and into that Advent calendar before I could say a word. I had just received the nativity scene in the mail and thought it would be a great way to start out our Advent celebration. I couldn't fit the box into the calendar, so I just put a piece of paper inside that read, "Away in a manger ..."

The only unfortunate thing is that I didn't open the box before I gave it to her. If I had done so, I would have thought to just give her pieces at a time. It was a 59-piece set, and how fun would it have been to give her Mary, Joseph, and a camel first? Oh well, there's always next year.

Rosemary absolutely loved the toys and we spent most of the rest of the day playing with them. It was a nice break from playing Disney Princesses, let me tell ya ...

No comments:

Post a Comment