facebook pinterest twitter

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The Long-Awaited, Highly Anticipated Knitting Weekend


Sometime last July, the lovely lady on the left of the photo below had the incredible idea of hosting a knitting retreat at her cabin, which is ABSOLUTELY PERFECT for a knitting retreat. Ever since the first mention of this, our fabulous knitting group has been counting down the days and minutes. I'm afraid it ended up being a ton of work for her, but boy-oh-boy was it a perfect weekend!


It was personally therapeutic for me to know that even though I moved, I know I'll stay in good touch with the amazing friends that I made during my short time in Central Minnesota. I cannot say enough that we met some really great people while we lived there. 


Needless to say that before the move I didn't have a clue how to make something out of needles and yarn. Thanks to this group, I am currently knitting myself a sweater! The green yarn below is the sweater and the pink yarn is an experiment in cabling, and if it turns out okay, it will be a Christmas present. 

It was such a good time getting things done, taking naps, visiting, eating. We seriously ate like kings and queens. There were baked goods, homemade floutas, homemade enchiladas, a venison stew, dips, espressos, desserts. I cannot believe I didn't photograph any of the food! It was too good, I guess, to pause for a picture. 

This knitting fool, below, made crepes that - I'm not kidding - gave me goosebumps when I ate them! I'm planning to ask her for the recipe and am thinking I need to repeat the amazing crepes experience for Christmas brunch.


I almost forgot to mention my beautiful yoga instructor friend (on the left) who led us all in a relaxing Sunday morning carpal-tunning improving time of exercise.

 

I feel so incredibly blessed to have a weekend like this. I suppose doing this every weekend would be too much?

5 comments:

  1. ah. a perfect weekend. I am trying not to be jealous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did Grandma Divine knit you as many sweaters as she did me? Knitting always reminds me of her and this post made me think of the white sweater with sea-foam green bow knitted into it. It had a matching sea-foam green skirt to go with it. I was obsessed with it

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't see where I'm supposed to like it.

    Dumb mother

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was great seeing so many familiar faces in the pictures. I am glad you all had such a great time. I do miss seeing a lot of you on a weekly basis. CB

    ReplyDelete