facebook pinterest twitter

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Summer Lovin' Had Me a Blast


It's summer here. Summer in Minnesota (or Wisconsin, as I'm still coming to terms with the fact that I'm not currently a "Minnesotan") is a fleeting beauty. It comes, everyone gets giddy, and then we all try to squeeze so much excitement into each day that it's gone before we know it.

I saw back-to-school supplies in Target the other day and my response was to loudly exclaim, "NO WAY." Perhaps in other parts of the world it's not such a big deal, but when you live in this part of the world, back-to-school supplies are symbolic of the end being here and most of us dread the end.

So as much as I love blogging, right now is the time for playing, soaking up the sun, visiting friends and family, and just embracing the season in any way possible.

So far I have:

* read a lot.
* visited with lovely friends from across the globe.
* enjoyed a trip to the Mountain Bike Festival in Cuyuna Lakes.
* spent an incredibly sunny, warm 4th of July in our old 'hood with good friends.
* assisted my husband to Rochester, MN so he could have half his thyroid removed (all is well, thank the Lord!).
* spent a week at my mom's so Rosemary could go to our churches VBS, Hero Training Camp.
* helped Rosemary raise painted lady butterflies, and then a bunch of monarchs.
* eaten delicious lettuce and peas from our garden.
* spent a lot of time at the garden.
* planted and tended to the flowers on our front porch.
* strawberry picking, raspberry picking, canning, canning, canning.
* enjoyed community pools with awesome people.
* eaten a lot of ice cream.
* rode a jet ski.
* enjoyed probably too many BBQs.
* explored the Franconia Sculpture Garden.

And I'm sure I'm missing something ... but I can't help feeling like I'm missing something else right now. Until next time blog friends, I hope those of you who can are enjoying this time of year as much as me!

No comments:

Post a Comment