In an effort to never actually get my Etsy store up and running, I've decided to join the Sew Along for the Ice Cream Social Dress by Oliver + S.
I didn't get the pattern until late in the afternoon on Monday, so I'm definitely a little behind. All I was able to do today was wash, dry, and press the fabric and then cut all the pattern pieces. I decided to go with a size 5, even though most of what Rosemary wears now is a 5 and I want this to fit her in the fall. According to the measurements, she might have fit in a 4. So I'm interested to see how this will turn out. I added about 1.5 inches to the middle piece of the dress.
I really had no clue what I was doing when adding length, so we'll see how it turns out!
I'm pretty excited about this, they're using all sorts of terms I am unfamiliar with like "yoke" and well, the list could go on. I'm hopeful Rosemary will have a nice dress when this is all done and I'll feel like I've gained some experience.
Here's what I have so far: