facebook pinterest twitter

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Where I've been, part 1

For a few months, I had been planning a little vacation to my mom's house. I signed Rosemary up for what sounded like a very exciting summer day camp at the nearby nature center, and figured I would have a fun and relaxing week away.

And it was. Rosemary loved the day camp and I foresee this being the kind of trip we make every year. I complained a lot about how expensive it was, but in talking with others who have put their kids through similar-type programs, I think this one was well worth it. Rosemary was outdoors, active, spent a lot of time in the different gardens, and came home filthy. Absolutely filthy.

We also got to spend a day at the Como Zoo. It's a free zoo that I think St. Paul is lucky to have. It definitely leaves a little to be desired, compared to the Minnesota Zoo (you just can't help but think the animals are a little happier at the MN Zoo), but it's a nice time, has a butterfly garden, an amazing conservatory, and a pretty happening amusement park.


We went there with some of our favorite people, my mom, sister-in-law, and two nephews. We always joke that it's too bad these kids don't like each other, but the truth is, they love each other to pieces.


In other exciting news, my mom has been building a play house (with quite a bit of help from a friend), and the kids played happily in that structure. She says she's building it for the grand-kids, but I think she's excited to have another little house to decorate in her very fairy-garden-like back yard. I'll definitely show pictures when it's done.

No comments:

Post a Comment