facebook pinterest twitter

Monday, November 30, 2009

Wait? What? It's Christmas?

I truly can't believe tonight is the last night of November. I know it's cliche (if I wasn't typing on a stupid PC, I'd know how to put an accent over that e), but where does the time go? Where. does. it. go?

We had a lovely thanksgiving, did you? Rosemary and I spent a week in "the cities" (that's what you call St. Paul/Minneapolis once you don't live there anymore), and Joel came down on the day before Thanksgiving. We rested, visited, ate, shopped, and so on.

I am trying to get better at remembering to take pictures. I am failing.

Here are some of the few, and poor, pictures I took on thanksgiving.

Ms. R had her haircut on the previous day and the wonderful stylist put her hair in a french braid. Getting that beautiful braid out of her hair was a bit of a trial ...

We went to my dad/step-mom's house for the first thanksgiving in years and it was a lot of fun. They had some extended family over whom we hadn't seen since my little brother's high school graduation (he's a senior in college now). Here they are all cuddled up for a post-dinner viewing of The Snowman.


And of course, the best part of the evening, when the men do the dishes.



Wait, shouldn't they all be doing dishes?

Here's a picture of my step-mom and nephew Wesley. Stacie made us a fantastic thanksgiving meal.

And, for good measure. I just want to show that stinkin' adorable kids run in my family.


The evening was preceded by wild child merriment at my in-laws (Rosemary is number 12 of 14 grandkids on that side, and beautiful chaos always ensues when the brood is together). Of course, I forgot to pull my camera out while we were there.

Sadly, my dog ate my sister-in-law's chocolate dessert which was cooling out on the back steps. Owen, being dearly loved by his family and also having a sensitive stomach, had to have his stomach pumped ... which cost us much more money than we wanted to spend that night. But he's worth it, that's for sure!

So tell me, how was your thanksgiving? And can you believe that it's actually over?

No comments:

Post a Comment