facebook pinterest twitter

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Tomato Fail

It seemed slow-roasting almost all of our tomatoes was not such a good idea. I had dreams of winter stews and chili.

The recipe said to put it in the oven at 250; I put it in the oven at 200 since our oven runs warm. It then said to roast for 9 hours. I checked it after 4 hours, then took Rosemary off to her swim lesson.

When we returned (a total of 7 hours for the tomatoes), this is what we found. The tomatoes were almost completely ash. Joel commented that cracking through the skins was like cracking through the crust on creme brulee.

These tomatoes were so burnt, so stuck to the pan that I threw everything away, pan and all.

Perhaps I'll try again next year.

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! That sucks. If it makes you feel better, I only got 3 tomatoes this summer. We had a few more, but they stayed green, and then something ate them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry for your tomatoes, but this cracks me up. I love your honesty.

    ReplyDelete